Monday 31 March 2008

Best Month Since turning Pro :)


This month I decided to try out multi-tabling before this month I was playing 4 tables maximum at any time and after I was advised by some friends I went out and bought a second 24" monitor for my desktop So now I could play upto 8 tables at 1st this was pretty tough and I was timing out alot and gettting a bit stressed with it all, but after a day or so I soon got used to it and started making some decent profit. I was playing anything from £100nl upto £500nl with the occasional game of £1000nl I made just over $55,000 this month and this is nearly double of my previous record in a month. This has definately been my best month due to the increase in tables I am now able to play and also a few new theories I have been trying out in my game. I also won the monthly tournament on Sky Poker known as the Five-0 which is a 110£ buyin tournament with a maximum of 50 runners, I had a bit of TV time where they showed highlights of me winning the tournament and a couple of plays I made, I had alot of positive comments from Sky Poker Presenter Tony "Tikay" Kendall which was very flattering.

I also won the cash leaderboard on Sky Poker which had been won two months in a row by the same player who this time finished 2nd behind myself I had to put in alot of hours to win this league so its a nice achievement to win but I wont be entering next month as it takes up too much time in my opinion for such a small prize at the end of it, the Cash League Points (CLP's) are awarded per hand won, based on the blind limits you can read this on this link here https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=loyalty_poker-league just under the heading How we award the League Points.


So I won the most hands in the month of March and was therefore top of the league . The league table can be seen here my alias is lJAMESl... https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=loyalty_previous-tables


Usually on a poker blog you see a badbeat that someone has given out to the blogger but I am going to mention one I gave out as In all fairness it was unreal I didn't do anything wrong in my opinion but it is still a horrible one.


I am playing £300nl couple of hands in a TAG reg is on the bb I raise to 12£ 4 bb with pocket 3s The TAG reg calls who I know is a good player and has the ability to bluff and mix things up.


The flop comes A-A-10 rainbow the TAG checks I check behind.


Turn card comes a 3.. board now reads A-A-10-3 I have made a fullhouse 3-3-3-A-A

The TAG bets out £18 into around £25 pot I now put him on an ace so I'm pretty confident I'm infront so decide to re-raise I raise to £61 which he then re-raises me to £161 should I call or am I infact behind to Pocket 10s, A-10 or really unlikely A-3? Here I put him on a strong ace like AQ/AJ maybe even AK as he sometimes cold calls AK, so shove the rest of my chips in which he insta-calls. He turns over A-10 so its a cooler really I don't think I'm folding here as its too easy for him to make this move with a big ace... the river brings a... 3!! And I give out the sickest beat I've ever given anyone since I've played poker hitting a 1 outer on the river for a pot thats just under £600 It's definately nicer to give out a badbeat rather than recieve that's for sure he played his hand well and was very unlucky at the end of the day.. but it does make a change to dish one out rather than recieve one :)


All in all this month had alot of Poker involved and at the end of the month I was honestly getting a bit bored of playing these last few days, so I am planning on a week break before I start again but I am delighted with my monthly result and hope things can only get better :)


2 comments:

godpoker said...

Hello cottonbud,up to the this week i have had my best month ever i am up $4.50 its a record so far,i have been a pro for nearly a year now n have had gr8 reading abilitys,i play pretty high stakes u may no me godpoker!!im usualy on the $0.02/0.05 tables and have had gr8 sucsess,but now its gone all gone wat do i do please help me!!!!

Cottonbud said...

Haha nice1 randy u legend!!