Monday 21 January 2008

I feel like a Yoyo :-S


Well Its been an interesting week I've made a Royal Flush with AKss, my 1st in a cash game on good old ladbrokes > lJAMESl wins $886.48 with a Royal Flush, Spades... I shoved the river after a reraise on the flop and a checked turn and the guy insta called board was Qs Qc 10s 7h Js Never saw his hand as it was mucked but I imagine trip queens poor him if he had a boat!


I think I've worked out I'm up for the month around 14k$ so far but the last few days or so has been tough I haven't played my best Poker and to be honest I've tilted a bit.. which is neither cool nor acceptable!


I won two MTT's last Tuesday an 11$ rebuy and a 109$ (1 add-on 1 rebuy) wsop satellites I didn't rebuy in either or use the add-on. There were only 24 entrants in 11$ rebuy which got me through to the 109$ which had around 26 players in which I also won. That got me into the final the next day for the 1090$ Weekly final for the WSOP in Vegas where 1 in 14 qualify for the 14k$ package.


On the wednesday I rushed home from a 6aside game where I had managed to show my true elite Poker player fitness and run to the sidelines to be sick for most of the time off the pitch, what a lightweight!

Somehow I managed to come on at the end and score 2 goals to give "Bouncebackability FC" the win we (the rest of the team that wasn't sick) deserved!


So I got in and in almost 2 mins the tournament was due to commence, I got dealt pocket Kings in like the 4th hand which I played so bad on a flop of 10-9-4 2 spades ended up losing almost all my stack to a set of 9's. I was really annoyed with myself and I went out a few hands later with 66 vs AJo allin pre! Hopefully I've learnt from the mistake I made, its one that I don't make very often laying down a big overpair to a potential made set I should of had no problem laying my Kings down considering it was so early on in the tournament... Live and Learn!


On the cash scene I was flying up untill the last few days where I have been up and down like a Yoyo I have taken some beats too but its no excuse to the tilting I have followed through with!


Some of the calls I have been making are so loose at times it has paid off but others well.. I'll let you be the judge!


I am playing NL 200£ I am dealt AKcc on the button, 3 limpers,


I raise to 14£ 1 caller a loose player the flop comes 8s-4s-8c


he bets out 4£ he has about a 100£ stack a weak bet in my opinion I reraise to 32£ He calls.


The turn brings the 3 of diamonds


He checks to me I'm now putting him on a draw.. Should I shove here as I'm thinking he is on a draw? I check behind anyway.


River brings a deuce of clubs he instantly shoves his last 68£ or so into the middle, I have a think before deciding the 2 is a safe card and I am probably good with ace high. I call and he shows q10ss a missed flush draw why he didn't shove the flop I have no idea but still this is a loose call from me although correct and I take down the pot.


I will be updating the other hands shortly.


GL :-D

No comments: